By Byrne Harrison
Queens Theatre in the Park will present One Ride "a rip-roaring, spanking-new dance musical from the creators of Swango!" beginning on October 29th at Queens Theatre in the Park, Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Flushing, NY.
From the press release: "One Ride's powerful and passionate story is told through the songs of country legend Chris LeDoux and the breathtaking choreography of Robert Royston, the man behind QTP's smash hit, Swango! Full of energy, dynamic movement and the live music of Chris' band, Western Underground, One Ride is a timeless tale about the quest to find the champion in ourselves! Conceived, directed and choreographed by Robert Roysten."
October 29-30 and November 3-6 at 8 PM
October 30-31 and November 4-6 at 2 PM
November 7 at 3 PM
Tickets are $34-40 (with varying Multi-Show, Senior, and Student discounts). Tickets are available at www.queenstheatre.org or by phone at 718-760-0064.
Queens Theatre in the Park is a tax exempt, not for profit organization, funded in part by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, Speaker Christine Quinn and the Council of the City of New York, and Queens Borough President Helen Marshall. Queens Theatre's programs and events are made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts. Additional public funding is provided by members of the New York City Council and members of the New York State Assembly and Senate.
Tickets are available:
* Online at www.queenstheatre.org.
* By phone at 718-760-0064, Tue-Sat, 12-6pm.
* In person at Queens Theatre in the Park, Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Flushing, NY.
* Subscriptions: Become a Theatre or Dance Subscriber by ordering tickets to all four Theatre Series events or all four Dance Series events and enjoy significant savings off the ticket price.
* Multi Show: Order any three or more shows and earn the multi show discount price. This discount is available for any show this season. There is no limit on the number of tickets you can purchase at this discount. If you are already a Theatre or Dance Subscriber or have purchased at least two shows this season, you have already earned this discount on additional ticket purchases.
* Groups: Contact group sales associate Barbara Matovu at 718-760-0064 x128 for groups of 15 or more.
Queens Theatre in the Park is located in Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Flushing, NY.
By Subway: Take the 7 train to Mets-Willets Point stop. Exit and turn left after passing through turnstile, walk downstairs on the parking lot side and follow the theatre shuttle signs. Take free trolley to the Theatre. Trolley runs for one hour before and after all performances.
By Car: Take the Grand Central Parkway to exit 9E (from Manhattan) or 9P (from Long Island) and follow the signs for the Theatre. Free parking in adjacent lot.